“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, April 2, 2010

Money Belts Checked off my List

I know all of my RQ pals, and all families who have adopted from China will appreciate the task we just accomplished this evening. THE MONEY BELTS! We just double checked (triple checked really) all the "new money" the bank had ordered for me back in February (when we thought we were traveling soon). Then the project of putting them into snack sized ziplock bags, cardboard on both sides, sides secured with tape, and into our money belts.
My husband (who has not read the many stories on blogs and RQ of families' experiences at the banks in China when exchanging money), is having trouble believing that the money must be brand new, pristine 100s in order for the banks to exchange them. He said, "But a hundred dollar bill is a hundred dollar bill," and of course we are looking at a small pile of folded, wrinkled, torn Chinese Yuans (for cab ride to our hotel and dinner that night, before we go to the bank the next morning to exchange our USD). I'm trying to explain, but I can tell he is doubting this, so just for kicks I put two $100 bills that clearly have wrinkles down the center and one has a corner folded over. Some day (before we get Aaron) when we have some extra time, I think I'll send him to the bank with those two $100 bills and he can attempt to exchange them :)
I got a lot done today, including ordering our Panda Phone, quadruple checked all our documents for the American Consulate and Chinese government, did my "Travel Meeting" over the phone with my agency, and tons of stuff around the house (laundry, lists for my mom for while she is here with Donovan, cancelling some appointments we had scheduled in the next couple weeks, etc.
This will certainly be an Easter weekend we never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment