“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Aaron's First Snow





After several days of gorgeous spring weather, we awoke this morning to...snow. Figures in Vermont over spring break there would be snow, right! Aaron knew the word in Mandarin for snow, but living in southern China, had of course never seen it before. Donovan of course wanted to go right out in play. I told them after lunch. I suddenly realized I had never anticipated this weather, and needing winter clothing for two three year old boys at once! Both boys have haircuts and doctor visits in the next two days and will both need winter gear to wear at the same time! I quickly called a woman down the street who has a little boy Donovan's age and she offered a winter jacket, which Rupert went over to get. With the jacket I was all set for the upcoming appointments, but was looking for a snowsuit for playing outside. I then called a very kind and generous colleague of mine who has always shared her son's outgrown clothing with Donovan, including gorgeous snowsuits last year and this year. Within minutes of calling her, the doorbell rang (while the boys were eating lunch), and she arrived with the snowsuit, a hat, and mittens. (We were already set for boots.) And, at that same time a woman called whose son is in my team at school, and whose husband was working at my neighbor's house and heard my phone message (about needing a jacket) and she was calling to find out what size and did I need anything else...What a lucky boy Aaron is to have so many people willing to help out like this! We are so fortunate!
So...after lunch we bundled up - Aaron thought it was HYSTERICAL! Then we headed out. Aaron kept trying to wipe the snow off his snowsuit. Then took his mittens off to try to wipe off his boots - and realized how wet and cold it was! Meanwhile, Donovan has the two sleds out, and is making tracks for us. The boys were great about taking turns having me pull them in the sled. We got a few smiles and laughs from Aaron. But, suffice to say, he's not so sure right now that he likes the snow. The boys played on the climbing/sliding structure for a while. When we headed in, both boys were happy!
We've actually had a GREAT day. Donovan is thrilled that today Aaron is taking a nap in his real bed in the bedroom they will share. (Of course Aaron was asleep for nap in 10 minutes (exhausted from that snow) and Donovan took 45 minutes to fall asleep, (while ironically telling me he needs a lot of sleep, water, and nasal spray for his sinus infection - and then proceeded to take forever to fall asleep).
And, not that anyone else cares (except me), but I'm ALMOST all unpacked (except for the gifts we bought for Aaron and Donovan to give them in the years to come - those are going to be in a suitcase for some time I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment