“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Brothers - Bubbles and Happiness are the same in any language


I LOVE THIS PHOTO! I'm so glad I thought to take my camera outside with us. A huge thank you to Kristen, Patrick, Parker, and Taber who left our car at the airport for us the night we came home AND left us a basket of gifts for the boys (along with welcome home decorations and signs from my students hanging on the back of the front seats).
This afternoon, after both boys were up from naps, we went outside with the huge bubble wands. They LOVED them. Loved it when I blew them and they chased after them, trying to catch the bubbles. Though we have our moments when the language barrier is very, very evident, our times spent outside each day are our best times. The boys love to ride their vehicles, dig in the "sand pit" (though Aaron at first wasn't sure he liked the feeling of sand on his hands - much like Donovan's experience at the beach at age 1 1/2 when he spent more time washing his hands and feet than having fun in the sand - Aaron was fine with digging in the sand today though. We are going to have a great summer, and by the time the winter rolls around, the language barrier will be less and less of an issue.
Love the photo! By the way, not sure what happened with the angle of the photo, but it looks like Donovan towers above Aaron; in reality Donovan is maybe an inch or inch and a half taller, and they weigh about the same.

3 comments:

  1. Love brothers! There's something special and priceless about the brother relationship. I absolutely love watching my boys play. Enjoy them! And welcome home!

    Amy
    www.1001tears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubbles are so much fun in any language. I am interested in knowing what Aaron thinks of our snow storm. The weather has been so strange. My thoughts and prayers were and are with you going through this important bonding time.
    All my best,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,
    What a blessing to see the boys together. I am sure you have pure joy after waiting so long. The jet lag will wear off and things will get easier. It sounds like Aaron is adjusting very well. The Bao'an does well with the children. I am so thankful that our DD spent her first years there, if she had to spend them in an orphanage. Congratulations, once again!
    Faith

    ReplyDelete