“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Flag Flies...





On Friday, April 23, 2010 the flag will fly over the United States Capitol to welcome our country’s newest U.S. Citizen, Aaron Donald Walsh Ho.

The moment our plane touches down on U.S. soil on the runway at JFK airport, Aaron becomes a U.S. citizen!

A special thanks to Senator Bernie Sanders's staff for arranging this for us. (Though there are not many aspects of politics that I agree with Senator Sanders on, I am very grateful that his office was able to arrange this for us.) The flag will be flown in Aaron's honor, and then in a few weeks we will receive that flag along with a certificate. What a special keepsake for Aaron!

4 comments:

  1. How incredibly special! How did you arrange this? I cannot imagine anything more symbolic! Glad to see that you guys are doing so well. I have enjoyed following your blog while you have been over in China. I will probably have to bug you a little with travel details! We are waiting for our TA now and I'm hoping to travel mid-June.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nichole,
    I've been following your blog because our son is in Bao'an SWI. The flag idea is such a wonderful way to celebrate your son's homecoming.

    We will be saying a prayer for your family and your trip home. BTW, we just received updated pictures of our son and he is wearing the exact same American flag shirt as your son is in his photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat keepsake. I have one of these for each of my children for each of their citizenship days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki,
    It was simple! Through your US Senator or Representative's office there is something called Flag Request. It's on all of their websites. You just tell them the date, event it is commemorating, and size of flag you wish to order (and whether you want cotton or nylon). It did say allow six to eight weeks, so I called once we knew the date we would land in the U.S. and talked to someone in the office and they said it would be fine. We mailed the form to them. My mom stayed at our home with our other son, Donovan, and I had her call the Senator's office three days before we were to land, just to confirm. I'm so glad I had followed someone's blog who had done this and mentioned it, or I never would have known. Good luck on your trip!!

    ReplyDelete