“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Leaving on Thursday

Nothing hugely new to report.  We took a taxi to the Garden Hotel today.  Okay, the hotel lobby is PHENOMENAL - probably the fanciest I have ever seen; I was overwhelmed walking around there!  We went to the Friendship Store, which I knew tends to have much higher prices than other shops.  However, we had not been able to find a Chinese version of the Disney Pixar Cars movie (which Donovan LOVES, and Aaron is about to be immersed into upon arriving at his new house, including the bedding on his new bed) and some Thomas the Train or Tigger & Pooh dvds.  We were able to find the Cars movie and bought two Tigger & Pooh dvds.  Actually the prices on those were the same as some Chinese history and folktales and a DingDong movie Rupert bought a few days ago. 
We got back, ate lunch, and went out for a walk on the pedestrian shopping street, while our room was being cleaned.  Then, came back and Aaron is down for a nap. 
Tomorrow our guide goes to the American Consulate for us, Tuesday we take our Oath at the American Consulate, and Wednesday at 4 pm Aaron's American Visa is ready.  We fly out of Guangzhou around 11 am on Thursday, then stay one night in Hong Kong (at the Regal Hotel) and fly out on Friday morning for home.  Think good thoughts for us on the long flight home, and that Aaron does alright.
This evening we may walk back to Shamian for a couple more gifts and dinner at one of the Chinese restaurants there, which we have not yet tried.
I've had several people comment that I need to post more photos.  I CAN'T post them from China for some reason.  I had emailed some to a good friend at home (Thank you Kristen!), but now I'm not even able to email them to her.  Once I am home I'll publish all the comments and I'll add photos.  We do plan to keep updating the blog once we are home.
Love,
Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Nicole,

    We have been following your journey and are so thrilled for you that Aaron is doing so well and you are having such a wonderful time. Makes me wish we were still there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I have really enjoyed following your amazing journey in China. Aaron is a beautiful little boy--he is so lucky to have a new family!
    Just about the time you leave China, my parents will be arriving there (they fly into Beijing 4/22). Reading about your experience has helped prepare them (even though they are traveling in a group). Thank you for taking the time to share during your trip. I'm excited for Donovan to meet his new brother! Safe journeys home.--Polly H

    ReplyDelete