“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

bracelet - lost and now found...

My online friends on RQ all know this story/situation, but I believe I have neglected thus far to tell about it on our blog.
Aaron came to us wearing a red rope bracelet with four jade pieces/beads on it.  The first and second nights we bathed him with it on.  The third day, after noticing that he had been able to remove it himself while falling asleep for his nap, I chose to take the bracelet off for his bath, as I was worried it might slip off in the soapy water.  I BELIEVE I placed it on our bed's comforter.  The truth is, I did not think about it again until we were at the orphanage the next day and I wanted to ask who had given it to him.  As I reached down for his wrist to point to it, I realized it was not there, and quickly recalled I had removed it for his bath the night before.  That evening when we returned to the hotel, exhausted, I looked through the bed sheets/comforter, and on the dresser, nightstands, etc.  I could not locate it and was devastated! This was something one of his special caregivers had given him.  He has so little to remember his life at the orphanage with as he grows older; I was so upset that i had lost this special keepsake! The next morning we asked the front desk if anyone from housekeeping had reported finding it.  They had not.  We went out for some shopping, and returned a few hours later to find that someone had THOROUGHLY looked in our room for it, had located it and placed it on the bedside table.  We were so relieved! It is now back on Aaron's wrist, and when I remove it at bathtime, I make sure to put it in a SAFE place, and put right back on after bath!
Nicole 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you found the bracelet. Donovan is doing great, he misses you but your mom seems to have everything under control. It has been raining here so we have been playing lots of board games. Donovan likes "Trouble" and thinks Aaron might like it too. There has been large dump trucks and a bulldozer at my house so needless to say, the boys are thrilled. The boys were allowed to sit on the bulldozer as a special treat. I am so glad you are feeling good. I know of several people who removed wheat from their diet and that has made a big difference. We will be thinking of you in the next few days, and send you all of our love and good thoughts. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happened to us with a jade bracelet that our daughter was wearing from her foster family. Sadly we never found it. I think I rolled it up in a wash cloth and then forgot to pick it up.

    So glad the bracelet was recovered! :)

    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete