“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our Frustation - an Update

On the Eve of Chinese New Year, I'm feeling so frustrated and powerless. In the past 10 days, as I've seen other people who were LOI and PA AFTER US (and already LID and through Review like us), get their LOAs BEFORE US, I was filled with so much frustration and fear. A call to our agency on Friday confirmed what I had already been fearing. Though CCAA told our agency's director LAST MONDAY that they had already processed our LOA and sent it out, it has not yet arrived at our agency. It's very unlikely it was lost in the mail. It's more likely that the Chinese government simply said it was processed and in the mail, when it was not. I've heard of this happening to others. Usually all it takes is the agency calling CCAA one more time to actually get that LOA sent out. But the really sad part is that there is a wonderful little 3 year old boy who is now going to be waiting even longer in his orphanage for his Mommy & Daddy to come. Our agency's director confirmed what I had suspected - it is now highly unlikely that we will be able to leave on March 16th with the March travel group. The good news is she knows that we want to travel ASAP and that we do not want to wait for the April or May travel group.
I realize nothing can be done until CCAA reopens from the Chinese New Year week long holiday- hopefully on Saturday the 20th. In the meantime, I will spend my February vacation, finishing our packing, organizing documents, and preparing for our journey to meet Aaron.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we wait for our LOA and TA, so we can get on that plane for China and go meet Aaron!

No comments:

Post a Comment