“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hoping and Praying for our LOA...BEFORE CNY

Well, here we are on February 11th, and in China it is already the 12th, and the CCAA is hopefully working, and I truly hope they are about to issue the LOAs and TAs for families including us. Time is of the most importance. The CCAA is about to close for a week for Chinese New Year. If our LOA does not come tomorrow, I cannot imagine that we will travel with the March travel group. Our agency knows we want to travel as soon as possible, and that once we get our LOA and TA, we do not want to have to wait for the next travel group. We will travel ourselves (with a guide in China) and that is just fine with us.
I must say I am so disheartened, so frustrated, and just so sad that Aaron continues to wait for us in his orphanage, as we wait and wait for our next two approvals from the Chinese government, our LOA and TA. What is so very frustrating, especially for me, someone who really thrives on order and predictability, is to realize that there is no rhyme or reason with the CCAA with how their approvals are issued. I have watched as families who submitted their LOI's AFTER us, and got their PAs AFTER us, got their LOAs BEFORE us. (We have been logged in for two years now, and like those other families, our dossier had already made it through Review.) While I am happy for all the children and parents who will soon be united, I am so envious of them, and so very, very frustrated.
More than anything I just want to be able to go to China and get my little boy. No child deserves to have to wait so long for parents to love him.
Hoping that tomorrow will bring our LOA...

No comments:

Post a Comment