“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Have Pharmacy, Will Travel

My packing is almost done. Just have to add my clothing and then FOOD. I packed all of Aaron's things first and that was FUN. Then, it took me two days during Donovan's naps to pack our (okay, MY) prescription meds, and all our OTC meds. Basically, into our carryons is ANYTHING we could possibly need (Sudafed, Benadryl, Pepto, Nyquil, Dayquil, hydrocortizone cream, Feverall suppositories, Children's Motrin, etc., etc., etc.) as there is no guarantee we could find it in China. And then, into my backpack there's the meds. we know we will need (Advil, Immodium, Zyrtec, etc.) And, also into my backpack is quite an assortment of prescription meds, including Z-pack antibiotic, Cipro for Rupert for GI bug, Xifaxin for me for GI stuff (allergic to Cipro), emergency meds for hives (have had several severe cases to unknown allergins), emergency meds for vomiting (compazine, thinking what if we are vomiting on the day of our return flight or an adoption required appointment!), migraine meds (fingers crossed I don't get a single one!). It was quite a sight when I walked out of the pharmacy with a mammoth bag of meds...Hopefully won't need many of them, but NO WAY would I ever go without them. Many of you know what happened to me in Hawaii. I learned my lesson! And, that was in the U.S.! (For those of you who don't know, no sooner had we arrived in Hawaii then I became quite ill in the airport. By the time we got to our hotel I was violently ill, and literally did not leave our hotel room at all for 4 days. During that time I was consulting with my dr. over the phone and she ended up calling in Bentyl to the ONLY pharmacy in Waikiki. 2 days later I was better, and while it was yucky to be so sick for 1/3 of our honeymoon, I can't imagine something like that in China with a new 3 year old son! and appointments to get to. Suffice to say, I'm bringing loads of stuff for GI distress on this trip, Bentyl included). I will be PREPARED and I DO NOT under any circumstances wish to visit a hospital in China!!

No comments:

Post a Comment