“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Just Waiting...and Packing!

I'll be calling my agency tomorrow to learn what they found out when they called CCAA yesterday to inquire about our LOA. Here's hoping CCAA is processing it as we speak. It's been 45 days since we sent our Letter of Intent to China to adopt Bao Xinsheng. Our paperwork is all in order, our dossier was already through Review, and so this is just plain frustrating to have to wait, and to know that Aaron is waiting in China for us, and for CCAA to issue this Letter of Approval. Keeping my fingers crossed for some specific information tomorrow!

Today, while Donovan napped, I got a good start on our packing. I packed everything of Aaron's (clothing, a few toys, pullups for at night, while touring and on the airplane home, every possible OTC med we could need over there- Tylenol, Benadryl, Motrin, and then baby soap/lotion, stuffed animal, sippy cup, etc.) into one large suitcase and there was still quite a bit of room in that suitcase (phew!). I started sorting Rupert and my stuff into checked, carry-ons, and backpacks. I have our 311 Quart size liquid bags done and in our backpacks. I have our prescription meds and OTC meds in the backpacks. Later this week I'll work on our clothing. We are taking three checked pieces of luggage (all rolling). I could easily take four but that would be way too much I know, especially with a 3 year old in a stroller on the way home!. Also, while it would be so much easier to do one piece of luggage for each person, I know to sort so each of us has stuff in each of the three pieces of luggage just in case one gets lost. I think we have a slim chance of having our luggage lost since it will be a direct flight from JFK to Hong Kong, and then we gather our luggage at baggage claim and switch terminals for our short flight to Guangzhou...but you just never know! We also should be flying Jet Blue from Burlington to JFK the night before our big flight to China, and I know to pack everything we might need that night and morning in our carryons, so we don't even have to unzip the checked luggage. I know once we get to our hotel, we are going to want to go right to bed for a good night's sleep before the big flight the next day.
I can see in the next few days I'll be packing, typing up my lists of what I'm packing, and repacking a few times. School vacation this week and this is the perfect (and only) time to get this done!
Hopefully all this advance packing will pay off with a speedy TA (Travel Approval) once we get the LOA.

No comments:

Post a Comment