“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Doubly Blessed, and ER Visit




How lucky I feel on this Mother's Day to be the mother to two wonderful three year old boys, Donovan and Aaron. I feel doubly blessed - definitely double happiness in our family! LOVE the photo above of the two boys hugging each other last night. This morning, it proved difficult to get a good photo of the three of us at one time (as you can see from the several I posted)!
We enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day today. My mom came for the day, and enjoyed dinner with us.
We continue to be absolutely amazed at how quickly Aaron has adapted to our family, learned our routines, and expecially how fast he is picking up English. It seems hard to believe that we've known him less than a month, and been home for just two weeks.
Already he can sing, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "The ABC Song," and say lots of English phrases. He is very, very eager to learn. He is learning the English words for colors and will point to things and say their color. He can count to 10 in English (both out loud and counting objects).
A few days ago, I got my first spontaneous hug and kiss from Aaron and three days ago he started calling himself Aaron, instead of "Bao Xin Sheng Aaron." He is an amazing little boy, and we are so lucky to be his parents. Donovan continues to tell us how much he loves having Aaron as his brother (this is when they are not arguing over who had a toy first).
Unfortunately our evening did not end well. While I was upstairs getting things ready for bathtime/bedtime, Rupert had the two boys downstairs and began playing a very loud and wild game of "chase," which of course the boys loved. I heard their squeals and knew they were having fun...but not something I would be comfortable doing with them. Within minutes they were calling for me...Aaron had crashed into our family room's couch...and had a cut on his head which was bleeding. I was able to stop the bleeding luckily, but the cut, while just about an inch long, looked quite deep to me. It seemed an ER visit was in order, to find out if he needs stitches/glue (I would think they'll use the glue...) I packed Aaron's bag with snacks, drinks, books, puzzles, and a great magnadoodle toy that we always use for medical appointments, and sent Rupert to the ER with Aaron. I usually handle all the medical appointments for both boys, but really felt like this is part of the consequence for Rupert for having chosen such a wild game in the house. Also, while I've done just fine with Aaron at medical appointments so far, and the hospital will provide a Mandarin translator for his hearing testing tomorrow (We don't envision any issues with his hearing, but need to do this testing and of course we want the results to be accurate, and need him to be able to understand the directions - that's why the translator), Rupert has a better chance then me at explaining to Aaron what is happening at the ER...

No comments:

Post a Comment