“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Donovan We Missed You!!!"

Aaron's English is really coming along MUCH FASTER that I would have ever anticipated! He understands a lot of what we say. He's saying quite a few words and he echoes us when we speak to him. The other day at lunch he said, "Mommy, napkin," and sure enough, I had forgotten to put napkins by our lunch plates.

Aaron has a little routine each time he leaves the house in the car with me. In fact, as soon as I say we are going in the car, he moves his hands like they are on a steering wheel and exclaims happily, "Mommy's driving the car. Aaron's riding in the car." Then when we pull out of the driveway (and the entire time we are driving through our neighborhood, he says, "Bye Bye House...Bye Bye Daddy...Bye Bye Donovan...Mommy's Driving the Car...Aaron's riding in the car."

Donovan is still going to Lisa's during the day as I have quite a few appointments and things to take care of with Aaron. When I wake Aaron up from his nap (and yes, I have to WAKE him up as he will just sleep until I do...) and tell him it's time to go get Donovan, he starts exclaiming (LOUDLY), "Donovan we missed you...Donovan we missed you." On Monday when we picked Donovan up, Aaron said this the entire way home in the car, to which Donovan replied (after about the 20th time), "Yes, I KNOW, you already told me."

Aaron is really into circles. It's the first English word for any of the shapes that he learned and he loves to point to things that are circles and shout, "CIRCLE." It's quite funny,but we are hoping he will show as much enthusiasm for the rest of the shapes and letters. (He already learned to count to 10, not just saying the words, but counting objects.)

Aaron is a very smart child. I was in China for 18 days and did not pick up any Mandarin or Cantonese (except a few words/phrases from Aaron...pee pee, poop, stomach ache, I will do it my self, and all done). I continue to be so impressed by this new son of mine...for so many reasons...We are so lucky!!

1 comment:

  1. oh, boy! I hope he was OK. As a mother of two boys (and finally a princess from China) I can tell you boys are wild and crazy, but a lot of fun. But we've also gone to the ER. Once my little guy leaped off the couch and broke his arm in two places. sigh. My DD is proving to be just as daring!

    ReplyDelete