“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

TA is in the mail...and our plans (and yes we are going to Maine!)

We believe TA (Travel Approval) either arrived late today or will arrive tomorrow at our agency. Once that is delivered, our agency will contact the U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou, China, and make a request for our Consulate Appointment. This is the our final appointment during our time in China, and determines when we may leave China! We are hoping for a Monday, August 5, or Tuesday, August 6 appointment.  If that is possible, then we will meet Sarah on Monday, July 29, and she will be with us for her 2nd birthday :) I am so ready to book our flights and hotel this weekend! (I am NOT ready for that long flight again, not there, and definitely not back with a 2 year old...but I know we will be just fine, well hopefully!)

So, this means we ARE going to Maine as planned, July 13 - 20. Hooray! Our last hurrah as a family of 4. (I know I said that about Indians Rocks Beach, Florida in April, but that was because I assumed we'd already be in China at this point!!! Don't get me started on my frustration over one delay after another...)
However, while we are going to Maine, it means we will be leaving for China just a few days after getting back from Maine. Packing is in full-force right now at our house. Things for Maine in the guest bedroom; China stuff in Sarah's room. Good thing I am organized!

Dreaming of Maine...this year just with the boys, next year with Sarah...
The past two years have been SO HOT in Maine when we were there. We are always on the beach by 8 am it seems, and most days we were in the water until dinnertime, and then back in after dinner until bedtime. And who is the first one in and the last one to get out each evening...oh, that would be me. I absolutely love the ocean. (Now, after spending a week in WARM ocean water on the Gulf side of Florida this April, I hope we are ready to face the frigid water in Maine! In Florida, on our last day, Aaron spent SIX HOURS fishing with a net in water up to his waist...don't think he'll be doing it for THAT LONG in Maine, but we are packing the net...)
These are some of my favorite photos from Maine last July...Our house has WiFi, so I'll post while we are there.















No comments:

Post a Comment