“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Maine...Oh How I've Missed You...




In record time the cars were unpacked and we were on the beach. Although I am a Vermonter through and through, stepping onto the beach in Maine feels like...coming home...There's just something about the coast of Maine...and not everyone "gets" Maine.  Like when you tell people you are going to Maine and they ask if you actually GO into the water ('cause it's REALLY COLD)...um yeah,like for HOURS...and it's not just that I survive it, it's that I LOVE it. And the other person stares back, not understanding how that could be. (And by REALLY COLD, I mean 50-60 degrees, and we are in that water most of the day!)
And don't get me wrong, Hawaii (specifically Maui and Kaannapali Beach) was paradise and the Gulf Coast of Florida this past April was warm ocean water and we were in all day - hardly leaving the water. But, Maine...it's just part of me it seems.
And so we have a week where reality is suspended it seems...just the beach and the ocean waves and lobster and seafood and kids digging on the beach and walking on the beach and books to read...

I do have to say, last week in Vermont was BRUTAL. It was HOT and HUMID (perhaps giving me a teaser of what it will be like in Guangzhou, China in August!!) and even our pool (without the use of a solar cover or heater) was 88 degrees. And I feared the boys and I were being too spoiled and that the cold ocean water would feel a tad bit too cold...but nope. In we went and after dinner...BACK into the water we will go!

It.Just.Does.Not.Get.Better.Than.This.


















No comments:

Post a Comment