“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Two Very Special Boys


I know many in the Chinese adoptive community may recognize the handsome boy to the right of Aaron as "Timothy" from Love Without Boundaries. (He's wearing a bit of frosting from an ice cream cupcake!) It seems so long ago that I first read about "Timothy" on the Love Without Boundaries website when he needed sponsorship for medical care...and then again when he was highlighted this past November in their newsletter, and it indicated he was waiting for a family. Never in a million years could I have ever imagined that I would be MEETING him one day...and that my own son would share a special connection with him.

Today we were absolutely thrilled to get to meet (in person) Debbie and her new son, Timmy, and the rest of their wonderful family. Debbie and I both belong to an online support group, one that we are both very active on. It was on that group that I first "met" Debbie, while we were both waiting to travel to go get our sons. We traveled first for Aaron, as we were a family whose paperwork was already logged in with China, and Debbie's family was just starting the "paperchase." I waited eagerly after getting home with Aaron, to follow Debbie's journey to China to adopt Timmy. Exactly 4 months after we arrived home with Aaron, Debbie met her new son, Timmy, in China.

Though we live in different states, Debbie's family has a ski home not too far from where we live. They were coming up for the weekend, and offered to stop at our home so we could meet! We were thrilled to meet them, and hope this is the first of many times that we are able to get together.

Aaron and Timmy are two incredibly special little boys. They have much in common. I truly believe Timmy and Aaron will be in contact with one another many times during their lifetimes - at least that is certainly my hope, and I know Debbie and I will both work to facilitate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment