“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Mommy, When is Aaron Coming?"

This is Donovan's question he asks at least once a day. Tonight, riding in the backseat with him (after Grandma watched him while Rupert and I enjoyed a lovely dinner out), he asked me this question. I followed with my usual, "I'm not sure Donovan, but he's coming. He lives very far away. Mommy and Daddy will have to go get him. Remember, Grandma is going to stay with you at our house while we are gone. I think maybe when all the snow has melted, it will be about time for Aaron to be coming." This is how our daily conversation about this usually ends...
But tonight, in the car, Donovan then looked at me so sweetly, put his hand on my cheek and said, "Aaron really needs a Mommy like this. He needs this kind of Mommy." And, then he pointed to Rupert driving the car and said, "Aaron needs this kind of Daddy." I then put my hand on Donovan's cheek and said, "Aaron needs this kind of brother named Donovan." (and by then tears filling my eyes!)
It won't be long now, but oh, it's so hard to wait (especially for me, an ultraplanner), not knowing exactly when we will be getting on that plane. We are packed and ready and waiting. Fingers crossed we will be in China by the end of March to meet our new son, Aaron.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole,
    You have such a sweet boy. Aaron is lucky he has a brother that thinks like that. I can't wait to meet Aaron. I am sure he will be just as sweet. I hope you are able to travel soon. Emily

    ReplyDelete