“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"I Miss Aaron, Mommy."

First of all, let me say that I am absolutely thrilled that Donovan loves board games as much as I did when I was his age. Unlike me, Donovan is a great sport. When he wins, he cheers us on to finish. When one of us wins, he says, "Great job," and gives us a high five. (Certainly not like I was, when I would just get the "Old Maid" card in my hand - not even lose yet - and run out of the room crying!" So far we've introduced Candy Land, Hi Ho Cherry-o, Memory (with these really cool bamboo squares with animals on them), and Chutes and Ladders (with Sesame Street characters).
So tonight, after dinner, Donovan took out Candy Land. He chose the green person, I chose the yellow, and Rupert chose the blue. That left the red piece. Donovan said, "The red one is for Aaron." I said, "I wish Aaron was here tonight to play the game with us." To which Donovan said, "I miss Aaron, Mommy. When is my brother coming? Do you think it will be tomorrow?"
Oh, I so wish we were getting on a plane tomorrow!! It is so frustrating to know that a single piece of paper (Travel Approval) is keeping us apart from our son, and keeping our son waiting in an orphanage in China. Hoping and praying the TA comes this week...

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping Friday is your lucky day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo, I hope it arrives in the next 3 days! I'm sure you are following Erica's blog - Could you believe the absolutely GORGEOUS blue Chinese outfit with the gold dragon that Carter wore when he met his new family? I've never seen a child dressed like that on Gotcha Day!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete