“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hilarious Moment Alert...

First of all, I seem to have a thing for FLOODING. Some of you know that in July, our basement flooded (COMPLETELY). We ultimately had to postpone our China trip by one week (rescheduled Gotcha and Consulate Appt.). The 2nd day here I must not have completely closed the shower room door because when I was finished my shower, I stepped out and most of the bathroom floor was covered with water (making it very slippery).

So, last night, I went in the bathroom to start the bathwater for Sarah’s bath. I turned on the hot water faucet knob when suddenly water started spraying all over me. I stood up and water was STILL spraying ALL OVER me. I tried to get away from it, but it was still spraying me. Immediately my glasses were covered and I couldn’t see. There was water EVERYWHERE on the floor and I started screaming, “Rupert, Rupert come in here NOW. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He was able to rescue me but by then I was SOPPING wet and the bathroom floor was completely covered with water. Across from the tub are two sets of wooden closet doors. The water was running down those doors onto the floor. (These are the doors.) And I was trying to get to one of these doors to hold onto the handle while trying to figure out what was going on but water was splashing down the doors and off of them and the floor was so wet and I was slipping and sliding all over. 


What had happened was that the cleaning lady must have used the spray nozzle (see below) to clean the bathtub, and did not turn the knob that would turn it back to the regular faucet. And the spray nozzle was positioned JUST so, that it sprayed OUT and ONTO me. And it was POWERFUL - like a firehose!
\
The spray nozzle is the one farthest away. Now aimed towards the tub, not me.


I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants. I was laughing so hard I was crying. And then I suddenly realized, THE WATER HAD SPRAYED IN MY MOUTH in the beginning. And then I really wanted to cry. You see, here in China, you have to be VERY careful not to drink the water (parasites). We brush our teeth with bottled water, do not drink any water from the tap, keep our mouths CLOSED in the shower, and do not eat any raw fruits or vegetables (as they have been washed in the water...)  Here's hoping that I do NOT get sick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment