“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Get Your Tissues Ready!!!!!!

Tonight, Aaron pointed up at the photo above my bed (below, first photo I ever saw of him)

and then pointed across the room at this photo (below)

Do you have your Kleenex ready?
and he said, "Mommy, I didn't smile in China. Do you know why I didn't smile?"
And so I replied, "I don't know Aaron...why didn't you smile in China?"
and he answered, "Because I didn't have Mommy and Daddy yet."
Then he proceeded to point to this photo (below, taken on Chinese New Year this year)

and said, "Now I smile SO MUCH. Because now I have Mommy and Daddy. I love you Mommy!" and then ran in to his bedroom (where Daddy was) and repeated the same conversation with him. We did take a moment to point out to him that he did smile in China, just not in those photos. He was quick to respond, "I didn't smile in THOSE PHOTOS because I didn't have Mommy and Daddy yet."

Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child, the world will change.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! My daughter says the same thing every time she sees her referral photos. She's been home 2 years and still says that she was sad in China becasue she didn't have a Mommy and a Daddy!! I can't believe its been a year since you met him. He is one adorable little boy!!!
    kathie

    ReplyDelete