“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

To a Mother I Will Never Know

To the mother who gave birth to my son,

Today, on Aaron's 4th Chinese birthday (lunar birthday, according to Chinese lunar calendar), I can't help but think about you. Though I will never know you, I am so thankful for the choices you made for my son; Without you, I would not have my son.

Certainly there are some things I wonder, as I am sure he someday will too. It is so hard for me, as his Mommy now, to comprehend how you walked away from him 3 years and 4 months ago. The reasons really do not matter to me. What I do know is that you left him in a place where he would be quickly found. I will never ever know your story. What we know (and what he will know also) is that you chose life for my son. You made the choice to bring him into this world, and then you made a choice to save my son. Without you and the decisions you made, I would not have my son.

I wish you could know that he survived against the odds as an orphan in China, and at 3 years, 3 months of age, he met his forever family. I wish you could know that he is loved and cherished, and always will be.

I wish I could meet you and tell you how amazing he is! I wish I could let you hear him laugh, just once. I wish you could see how smart he is - scary smart. How in eight months he has learned English to a point that no one would ever know English was not his first language. How within a month he learned his colors, shapes, numbers, and letters in English. How this Christmastime he memorized the entire Night Before Christmas story, Frosty the Snowman song, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town song.

I wish you could see him with his brother, Donovan. I wish you could see he is loved and adored by so many people. I wish you could feel his hugs and kisses, and know how loving he is. I wish you could see and know that he is cherished by all of us. That we are so proud to have him as our son. That we love him so much!

I wish you could see how Aaron embraces each new aspect of his life with incredible enthusiasm. I wish you could witness the joy and happiness he brings to all those around him.

And I can't help but wonder if you are thinking of us today, as much as I am thinking of you. Without you, we would not have our son Aaron and I can't even imagine a life like that. You gave him life! You gave him a chance to be surrounded by love.

I know that we have been blessed beyond words to have him, as our son.

I will forever be thankful to you and the choices you made for Aaron. My continued prayer is that someday we will meet, most likely not this side of life. I pray that we can stand together before our Father who had this marvelous plan for our lives, and you can finally see the gift you gave us - and the gift you gave Aaron.

You will always be remembered,
Love, a very thankful Mommy

1 comment: