“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, August 2, 2010

An Unbelievable Gift...Photo of Aaron as a BABY!


On the day we adopted Aaron, we were given a small photo album of photos of him at the orphanage, and inside was the orphanage's mailing address and email address. They asked that we send them photos every half of a year. Now that we have been home for 3 months, I have begun to gather photos for our post placement report with our wonderful social worker, Ann, in September. I set aside some to send to the orphanage, along with a dvd Rupertrecently made. I decided to email some of the photos to the email address. I received a wonderful response from the orphanage. When I replied yesterday, I asked them if they happened to have a baby photo of Xin Sheng, and tonight I received the most amazing gift...the photo I have posted above...The orphanage has confirmed this photo was taken when Aaron was between 9 and 10 months old.

And, I am full of emotions (and tears)tonight, staring at this photo - the earliest photo we have of him. Oh, how I wish I could have held him then, but I know I cannot change the circumstances of the past - for it is all part of his story and his journey to us, his Forever Family. So, now, before I go to bed, I'll go check on my sweet boy Aaron and give him an extra kiss (and Donovan too!)...and count my blessings, because I feel like the luckiest mom to have these two wonderful boys...

Dear Family of Xin Sheng,
We are so pleased to receive your emails and so many photos from your family today. This is very special to us, to see the beautiful photos of Xin Sheng and his new family.
We are pleased to know that XIN SHENG has a new name of Aaron and that this name has deep meanings, we hope this little boy can grow up like a "mountain of strength," just as is the meaning of his name now.
It is a good news to know that Donovan gets along so well with Aaron. When Aaron was here, he always wished to have a brother like Donovan for so many years and today his wishes come true.
Aaron is always very smart, we love him very much and will love him forever. We feel happy to see every progress he has made in his life.
In the photos, we see the Xinsheng wearing the TangZhuang(唐装)Chinese traditional clothes, and he is really handsome!!! And we are so happy to see that two little boys playing so happily in the swimming pool and on the beach.
The photos Xin Sheng is riding on the bike is very handsome too.
Our collegues love Xin Sheng very much and were thrilled when they see the photos.
Thank you and Best Wishes
Shenzhen Baoan Social Welfare Center


* We realize we are extremely fortunate to have received this baby photo of Aaron and such a thoughtful and kind email from the orphanage. We know we are very fortunate to have an orphanage so interested in Aaron in his new life, and that wants us to keep in touch with them. When we were in China, during a phone call with the director of our agency, I was reminded to ask all my questions during our visit to the orphanage, and to not leave with any question unasked, as there would never be another chance to speak with the orphanage staff. How lucky we are to have now received this photo and kind note...

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift! (and what a cute baby!) Your boys are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! You have a baby picture and Aaron will know he was loved by them all. I have a few emails to give Jing Jing when she is older from her SWI as well...so nice to hear them say they are happy for our children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,
    What a wonderful gift. I have been following your blog since we all got home and your 2 boys are absoltely adorable together. I am so happy things are so great and Aaron has transitioned perfectly into your family. I look forward to following all your adventures.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete