“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Aaron's Special Day






Today, Aaron was baptized. The ceremony was absolutely perfect and was held at my mom's church in Shelburne. I found her priest, Father Michael, so wonderful to work with for my Grandmother's funeral in January. In addition, he took a special interest in our adoption of Aaron, and in fact recently used Rupert and I in his Homily related to the choices we make in our lives, specifically the selfless choices we make to help others in need. He is wonderful with children.
Aaron wore a special Chinese outfit we purchased for him in China (the same one he wore in his adoption announcement), and Donovan also wore a Chinese outfit to the Baptism. Aaron did so well during the ceremony. He listened intently to Father Michael. Near the end, when Father Michael placed his hand on my head to bless me as Aaron's Mother, Aaron also placed his hand on my head. Donovan also did quite well, sitting with my mom (who I have no idea how she was able to also take photos!)

Aaron has two special Godmothers - my best friend (whose friendship started when we were in the 5th grade) Candice (who is also Donovan's Godmother, and I am Godmother to both of her beautiful daughters), and my cousin, Laura (who unfortunately had to turn around halfway to Vermont as her 11 month old son became ill with a fever and rash - he's okay, but certainly not feeling himself!; our close family friend Letitia stood in for Laura, which we are so grateful for).

The ceremony was perfect. Afterwards we had a small gathering at our home. Although the weather was cloudy in just in the 70s, I had turned the pool heater on earlier in the day, so the water was at 86, and we were able to enjoy time in the pool. Candice's husband, Gregg, and their oldest daughter, Alexandra spent close to 2 1/2 hours in the pool! It was a great day. Their family stayed for dinner, and then a visit to our local elementary school playground and then for cremees. They also were able to see Donovan's preschool. These are such special friends of ours, who we get to see not often enough, but our boys both clearly sense just how important they are to all of us. Donovan said on the way home, "Uncle Gregg and Aunt Candice and Alexandra and Ashley stayed all day. We got to swim in the pool and play in the house and they even stayed for dinner. Then we went to the playgorund and to Joe's for ice cream and they saw my school. I had so much fun. I love those girls so much. I wish I could see them every day!" Oh, me too, sweet Donovan, me too!
The last photo is of my "Uncle" Jack (my father's first cousin). Both boys were quite taken with him and even called him, "Grandpa." It's a sweet photo!
Today was the first time Donovan has "skipped" a nap and the first time he has ever had potato chips. In fact, when I asked him if he wanted potato chips, he asked, "What are they mom? Can I try just one to see if I like it?" Needless to say, he liked it and asked for some with his lunch...
It was such a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment