“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Our Two Chipmunks

Today, our mailman rang our doorbell, delivering a package I had ordered - the boys' Halloween costumes. (I do realize it's only June! But, when I am teaching I try to order their Halloween costumes and birthday party supplies over the summer, when I am not as busy!) THe boys were THRILLED.
Here they are, dressed as Chip (Aaron) and Dale (Donovan). Do you know the difference?



Chip has a brown/black nose like a chocolate chip and only one tooth. Dale has a red nose, and two teeth.

Before we left for Disney, we were reading many Disney stories and watching Disney dvds to prepare the boys for the different characters they would see and rides they would go on. Both boys loved Chip and Dale. Aaron kept telling people we were going to see, "Those 2 little sweet chipmunks." Our first night at dinner at Garden Grill in Epcot, both boys loved meeting and spending time with Chip and Dale. They saw that Dale is quite a trickster; after signing Donovan's autograph book, he took the pen and pretended to throw it into the scenery below. The next morning we saw them at Animal Kingdom, and again the boys were thrilled. This time Donovan made sure to get his pen back as soon as Dale finished writing with it :)
On our last day at Disney, we returned to Animal Kingdom. Just as we were leaving, I stopped at one final gift shop to check their pins for the boys' lanyards. While I was looking, Donovan appeared, wearing a Dale hat AND a HUGE GRIN. He said he wanted to buy it. When I asked why he wanted it, he informed me he would be Dale for Halloween and Aaron would be Chip. He proudly bought the hat.
Let me just say, finding Chip and Dale costumes has been difficult. I finally located (via Ebay) 2 costumes from Disneyland in France - however, they were both Chip costumes. We decided to improvise and roll the attached Chip hood down inside the neck/back of Donovan's costume so he can wear the Dale hat. I think they look pretty darn cute. The boys were thrilled to surprise Rupert when he came home from work - greeting him dressed as the chipmunks, and later in the evening did the same when Grandma stopped by.

2 comments:

  1. These costumes are just adorable and exactly what my boys want to be for
    Halloween. Do you still happen to have the costumes and/or would you be willing to sell them? I have searched and searched with no luck of finding anything this cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      I would be willing to sell them. We bought them off Ebay from someone who had bought them at Disney in Paris. They are both the same. So, one of our sons bought the Dale hat at Disney (at Animal Kingdom) so one could be Dale and one could be Chip. I do know he is not willing to sell the hat as he still uses it for dress up. I have seen them at times at Ebay. I am certain we did not pay over $25 for the hat. Here is a recent (inflated price) listing for that kind of hat.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-CHIP-AND-DALE-RESCUE-RANGERS-CHIPMUNK-PLUSH-COSTUME-HAT-CHILD-OR-ADULT-/200798550326?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec086b936
      Email me at nwalsh528@yahoo.com and I can give you more information about the costumes including sizes.

      Delete