“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

A Special Friend of Aaron's Met Her Family Today!


It is with great happiness in my heart that I have been following the journey of a special little girl from Aaron's orphanage, and today she has been united with her Forever Family.

In August I became aware of this most beautiful little girl available for adoption, who is from Aaron's orphanage. For a weekend I wondered if perhaps we were to be her family, but upon seeing more specific information about her, I learned she was about to turn 4, and was three months older than Donovan. I feel strongly that we will not disrupt the birth order of our family as we add to it; Donovan will always remain the oldest. (And, even if she had been a younger 3 year old, I still remember thinking I was probably crazy to consider having virtual triplets!) And so, I began advocating for this very special little girl. In one of the adoption support groups I am part of, an online friend, Diana, contacted me to tell me that a close friend of hers had also requested the little girl's file and was having it reviewed by a doctor. I was able to tell Diana a bit about the Bao'an orphanage, to share with her friend. I kept praying that this family would be the one for this little girl, and was so happy to learn that they decided to adopt her. I have been following their blog as they have been preparing for their trip. (It's Waiting for Lucy on my list of blogs). This special girl's name is now Kit and today she has met her parents and her beautiful sister, Lucy, who was also adopted from China.

While protecting the privacy of both Kit and Aaron, I will say that they knew each other quite well at the orphanage, and share a special connection. (When I first saw her photograph, I thought there was a resemblance between the two of them, and other people mentioned this to me also, and I wondered....could they be....biological relatives? But now that I have seen photos of her a little older, that resemblance is gone. Likely it was simply a similar way the orphanage staff posed them in their photographs for their adoption files. In any case, they both lived for over 3 years at the same orphanage. They were both in the 3 year old room/group for part of 2010 (Kit would have been there since August of 2009, and Aaron from Jan 2010 until we adopted him in April.) In fact, though we could not take video or photos inside the 3 year old bedroom when we visted it (we did take a photo of Aaron on his bed and one with the nanny of the room), I specifically remember seeing Kit lying in her bed as we walked through the room. (The children were napping.) When I showed Aaron some recent photos of Kit (taken when her new family sent her a birthday cake, as we did for Aaron), I asked him if he knew her in China, he said, "I'm not sure. I don't think so." I realized she looked different in the photos, from six months ago when he was last in China, and I knew he had certainly interacted with her. Soon after I showed Aaron the photos of Kit, I emailed the orphanage photos of Aaron (as part of him being home for 6 months) and specifically asked if Aaron knew Kit. They confirmed these two children did in fact know each other, and spent quite a bit of time together.

And so today my heart is full of happiness for this beautiful little girl, a friend of Aaron's from his time in the orphanage, has found her Forever Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment