“For I know the plans I have for you…to give you hope and a future.”

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho

With Great Joy We Introduce Our Newest Son Aaron Donald Walsh Ho
Born January 17, 2007 Guangdong Province, The People's Republic of China Forever Ours April 12, 2010
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Big Boys' Bedroom






First of all, I almost do not want to post again, because I LOVE the photos of Aaron and his birthday cake that were on yesterday's post! If you have not seen them yet, please scroll down to see them. They are too cute to miss!
But...as much as I'd like to keep them at the top of the posts, there are more posts to share...
As I mentioned in a previous post, we have decided to have Donovan and Aaron share a bedroom – the bedroom that is currently Donovan’s. Last weekend Rupert and Donovan put Aaron’s toddler bed together (see above photos). Since that time, I moved the glider chair out of Donovan’s bedroom to my bedroom. Our good friend Bob redesigned Donovan’s closet to accommodate a double bar (one higher, one lower) to hang clothes on and two shelves. Now there is plenty of room for two boys’ clothing (whether it ends up being the same size clothing, or different sizes that the boys wear).

This morning, I showed Donovan the Disney Cars bedding sets I recently bought for both his bed and Aaron’s bed. Donovan was thrilled. As we made up Aaron’s bed, and were left holding an empty pillowcase, Donovan said, “We need to get a pillow for Aaron.” I told Donovan he was correct and that I would buy one soon.

I then asked Donovan where he thought we should put Aaron’s bed. I reminded Donovan that Aaron is a “big boy” like him. Keep in mind we are standing in a bedroom with a crib, pink bedding, and dresses hanging in the closet….Lucky for me (and Aaron!), Donovan said, “I think Aaron should sleep in my room.” He went on to say that it was for “big boys” only and Mommy and Daddy cannot sleep in there (not that we were about to!).

Donovan then helped me carry first Aaron’s bed and then the mattress into the “big boys’ bedroom” as he is now calling it. After we got it positioned correctly, Donovan proceeded to climb right up on it. I reminded him that it is Aaron’s bed and asked him if HE would let Aaron climb on his bed if he were here. “Oh yes,” Donovan said. Well, we shall see about that once Aaron arrives…

The cutest thing of all was when I left to run some errands today, Donovan said, “I want you to buy a pillow for Aaron.” Oh, he’s already thinking about his brother so much and looking out for him. I’m so excited for Donovan to have a brother and to be a brother. On my errands today, I made sure to stop and get Aaron a pillow!

Now, the “big boys’ bedroom” is officially ready!

1 comment:

  1. Such an emotional Journey and so much enjoyed reading about your new and precious son Aaron. What a lucky little boy to have such a caring and loving family to now be a part of. His grandma and little brother will be anxiously awaiting for him to arrive. God Bless you all. Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you for a safe trip home.
    Love John and Nancy Nagel

    ReplyDelete